Saturday, February 25, 2012

Don't forget about me

He started school two weeks ago.  I am really rooting for him to do well.  That's the whole reason why he left the army--to go to college and better his prospects.  It took a while to get here, considering he was in the army for five years, and hated 80% of it.  There's a lot riding on this.  He says if it doesn't go well, then he'll go back into the army, whether that's here or in the UK, I don't know.  And he'll blame me for taking him away from something so secure, that would have allowed him to buy a house and help his family with money. We've not been able to save nearly as much money as we had planned.  Since he started, he's not been the same.  I expected some late nights and frustrated rants, but I didn't anticipate he would spend every hour at home studying.  I didn't think he'd forget about sex.  I didn't think he'd forget to kiss to me when I come home, or even look at me.  I thought he'd at least appreciate what I was giving him, which is basically free room and board while he goes to school.  Somehow I end up being resented instead of appreciated.  He is annoyed anytime I try to be affectionate, because I'm distracting him from studying.

So what do I do?  Maybe you could give me some advice.  I know what you're going to say.  "Be patient.  He's not been in school for ages, and he wants to do well."  The only unfortunate part of that is that I am the least patient person this side of the Mississippi.  There's nothing I hate more than being ignored.  I'm a performer!  I need an audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment